Work Location: On-site in Prince George, BC V2L 3P4
Expected Date of Start: 01-Aug-2023
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Co-Op (Full time)
Residential Status: Canadian National or Permanent Resident (PR) of Canada
The developer will be responsible to develop custom software to implement REST APIs and other related Web Interfaces to meet the customer’s specific requirements. This will part of our Webservices and Automation team. Responsibilities will include and may not be limited to – Software Development, Design, Configuration of current service platform, configuring and setting up development and test environment, documentation and following the defined agile engineering process.
For Co-op programs, students registered with Degree course in computer science can be considered provided they can work on a Co-op duration of 8-12 months at least and should be approved by their institution.
About the company (Northern Information Technology Solutions Inc.):
Northern Information Technology Solutions is a company Incorporated in the Province of British Columbia. We work on various webservices, interface development and web developments targeted towards digitizing businesses and helping them integrate IoT to improve Operational Efficiency and reduce business risks. Our solutions are focused on ensuring the specific customer needs are addressed by customizing solutions for them. We also provide consultancy on Digital Transformation, Process Transformation, IT Services Transformation and help execute them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Comp science or registered with full time co-op degree course in Comp science or similar degree course.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or computer applications.
- Experience in Python, REST API and SQL
- Expertise in Core Java, Java & J2ee
- Hands-on experience in building MVC based web applications using JSP/Struts framework.
- Hands-on experience in application servers like Tomcat and WebLogic
- Experience with code versioning tools, like Git, SVN, and Mercurial
- Knowledge of HTML5 & CSS
- Any professional certifications
- Knowledge of implementing JMS messaging services
- Knowledge of Restful API design patterns
- Passionate about learning new tools, languages, philosophies, and workflows
- Ability to think out of the box
Salary: As per industry baseline for the profile.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- 30 hrs per week
- Weekends as needed.
- English (required)