Plastics Action Fund
The CleanBC Plastics Action Fund supports plastic waste reduction projects in British Columbia to promote a circular economy through recycling, remanufacturing, reuse, and repair initiatives.
Hubspace is partnering with Alacrity Canada to support the Clean BC Plastics Action Fund with exclusive funding for rural projects and communities**. This fund will support new projects that fall under four main funding categories with the following desired scopes and outcomes:
REGIONAL PLASTICS INNOVATION CATEGORY**
- Provide development support and project financing for start-up and early-stage organizations in communities outside of the Capital Regional District (CRD) and Vancouver Metropolitan Area Vancouver (Metro Van), or within communities with a population of less than 25,000.
- Projects funded under the Regional Plastics Innovation Category will address the same outcomes as other funding streams.
- Eligible organizations must:
INDIGENOUS PROJECTS CATEGORY
- Support projects led by individuals, communities, businesses, and organizations which self-identify as First Nations (status and non-status), Métis, and/or Inuit.
- Support plastic waste reduction activities that prevent or eliminate waste through reuse and repair models, and through remanufacturing, value-add processing, and recycling processes.
- Build capacity around the circular economy and plastic waste reduction which are led by Indigenous people, communities, and businesses.
POST-CONSUMER RECYCLED PLASTICS
- Increase BC’s processing capacity to produce more plastic products with post-consumer recycled plastics and packing manufacturers.
- Increase the use of post-consumer recycled plastic in plastic manufacturing.
- Support post-consumer recycled plastic product and reuse research, design, and testing, that increase the use of post-consumer recycled plastic.
CIRCULAR INNOVATION CATEGORY
- Develop the growth and commercialization of reuse businesses, to support the phase out of single-use and plastic items.
- Develop the growth of repair businesses, to extend the life of products and materials and reduce plastic waste.
- Develop tools or products that connect consumers with circular economy businesses or organizations, including reuse and repair businesses that result in the reduction of plastic waste.
** The regional Plastics Innovation category offers exclusive funding for rural projects and communities outside of the CRD and Metro Van, or within communities with a population of less than 25,000.
How can you use your funding?
- Capital expenditures related to the project
- Salary costs for project-specific labour
- Retrofit costs to enable the project
- Contractor or parter organization fee
- Installation costs
- Freight or transportation charges
- Marketing & media related expenses*
- Education, outreach, and capacity building activities**
How does it work?
Express Your Interest
Choose one of the four available funding streams and fill in the form at the bottom of the page:
- PCR Plastics
- Circular Economy Innovation
- Indigenous Projects
- Rural Plastic Innovation
If you are approved for an application…
Eligible Applicants invited to apply
Applicants will complete the Detailed Grant Proposal provided by Alacrity.
This proposal requires detailed information about the project and the organization.
Review and selection process
Alacrity’s expert panel of reviewers will assess the Detailed Grant Proposals based on predetermined evaluation criteria.
All scores will be summed up and averaged to produce an overall score.
Successful applicants will be notified of their grant award, while unsuccessful applicants will receive feedback on their application.
Final review and discovery call
As a final step in the application process, applicants will participate in a discovery call.
Get in touch.
Give us a shout, book a meeting, ask a question, get to know us! You can reach us by email or by completing the following form.
We wouldn’t be where we are today without the generous support of our sponsors.